Most of us are aware of green beans and for those who aren’t; you surely need to know about it. Green beans are a part of the bean family, Phaseolus vulgaris. It is quite popular food item and constitutes most of the diets around the world. Green beans have various names such as French beans, fine beans, string beans or squeaky beans. It is one of the widely cultivated and globally recognized foods. Although there are around 150 varieties of green beans and variation in appearances, their nutritional content and health benefits remain the same.
Nutritional Facts About Green Beans:
Green beans are loaded with nutrition. It has the rich source of nutrients, fewer calories and fat content with no cholesterol. Below are some of the important nutrients found in green beans:
- Vitamin K – Individuals are given vitamin K supplements post surgery since it stimulates the process of blood coagulation and excess loss of blood. It also helps in the absorption of calcium in the body; helps boost bone strength and density. So the people who are at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis are advised to eat green beans for the adequate supply of vitamin K.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C has antioxidant properties that help to protect the DNA from damage and abnormalities. Hence, it assists in the healing of wounds and prevents cancer.
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A can be found in huge quantities in green beans. Being a powerful antioxidant, it protects against high cholesterol, heart disease, and cancer. It also prevents aging signs such as wrinkles, dull skin, fine lines, dry skin, etc.
- Manganese – Manganese does the work of alleviating symptoms of osteoporosis and lets the body absorb nutrients.
- Fiber – Green beans are packed with dietary fiber. Fiber works great for people suffering from irritable bowel syndrome as it lets the easy passage of stools. Fiber also helps to lower the levels of bad cholesterol in the body. So it is beneficial for diabetics’ patient as well to regulate their blood sugar levels.
- Silicon – Silicon, a mineral which supports the health of the connective tissues and bones.
Green beans also have a great amount of Omega-3 fats, vitamin B6, folic acid, phosphorus, calcium, iron and other essential nutrients.
Benefits Of Eating Green Beans On Hair:
After reading the above nutritional factors about green beans, how can we not include it in our hair-care nutritional plan? With loads of protein packed in green beans, it helps in hair growth. Certain hair friendly vitamins and minerals like iron, zinc, and biotin are also present in green beans.
Biotin is an important compound that works towards maintaining healthy hair and prevents brittle hair. Since beans can cause intestinal gas one should gradually add it to the diet.
Home Remedy For Hair:
To get beautiful hairs using green beans follow these simple steps –
- Take few green beans, a handful of them.
- Take 3 cups of water; allow the water to boil with the green beans swelling inside. See to it that they shouldn’t be broken out.
- If it has been boiled completely, turn off the heat and strain the water.
- Keep the strained green beans water all night.
- The next day, take the same water and apply it to the roots of your hair. Allow it sit for 30 minutes and rinse as usual.
As hair is very important for every woman, so doing this remedy is extremely easy and beneficial. You don’t need to buy anything, just a natural ingredient to get long, beautiful hair. Green beans work well for children and adult both. So, go the market today and buy green beans.